January 17 - 23, 2021: Issue 479
This Issue: full list in Contents page
Aquatics: Under The Sea: Weird and Wonderful Creatures To Look For While Snorkelling This Summer + Operation Crayweed Newport Has Commenced - 2021 1st Update
Pictures A Walk Through Warriewood Wetlands To The Sea Of Narrabeen by Joe Mills
Park Bench Philosopher How A Long-Lost List Is Helping Us Remap Darug Place Names and Culture On Dyarubbin, The Hawkesbury River
Beaches Link Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Released: Open For Feedback Until March 1st 2021
Pittwater Offshore Newsletter: January 17, 2021
To contact Julian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Freshwater ferry retained
Have your Say on Classification of land: 62 & 85 Hillside Road Newport
- Operational land can be alienated from the public, ie: sold or leased for more than 21 years.
- Community land cannot be sold, is subject to restrictions to ensure its long term retention for the public and is required to be used and managed in accordance with an adopted plan of management.
Have your say: Local Housing Strategy
Have your say: Councillor use of Social Media Policy
- informs the community about the decisions of Council, policies, programs, services and decisions
- promotes two-way communication
- builds a highly informed and engaged community
- accurately responds to community comments and requests
- complies with relevant laws and regulations, and ensures the confidentiality of Council information
- respects the democratic process acknowledging Council resolutions represent the majority view.
Surf Life Saving NSW Receives Wave of Hand Sanitiser
Your invitation to come join us: Manly to Church Point Bike Ride 26th January 2021 - Ride with Aboriginal Peoples
Pittwater High School 2021
Barrenjoey High School 2021 uniforms
Newport Surf Life Saving Club Building extensions
- increased equipment storage
- a new internal lift, foyer and improved circulation
- two dedicated training rooms with secondary access
- extension of north facing terrace
- grouping amenities
- a buried seawall
2021-2023 NSW Heritage Grants now open: Closes Feb 8, 2021
$10 million grants program to assist women to get back into the workforce
Pittwater Community Groups:
The purpose of www.westpittwater.com.au - is best defined by the vision of the West Pittwater Community Association.
To be a supportive community, encouraging and promoting civic pride, interest in community affairs and goodwill amongst residents.
To protect local fauna and flora and generally preserve West Pittwater and its environs.
To secure essential facilities including public wharves and reserves and to protect private and public property.
To speak with one voice and represent the interests of the Western Foreshore community when in discussion with Pittwater Council and other relevant government bodies. The WPCA website provides a forum for the better realisation of these objectives. Visit: www.westpittwater.com.au
And we are Back!
- wonderful local businesses who had all their festive catering cancelled delivering the same for free to hungry people manning and womanning clinics at Mona Vale Hospital, Narrabeen and all points north - and kept that up with coffee etc., with whatever they could give - and giving that special Pittwater 'wave' to the circling old media/news helicopters - bit sharky out there!
- wonderful social media community forums sharing the love and trying to make each other laugh with a silly photo or glory in the beauty of the place we live in with snapshots of OUR PLACE - + the frank admittance by many that they rarely stray outside of Pittwater anyway ...
- birdsong and children's laughter
- packed beaches with visitors from Mosman or Blacktown despite the 'verboten!' orders
- another 'boating' fiasco
- also witnessed virtual hugs to each other as our Christmas get togethers were cancelled - same again as New Years outings were 'NOT' for all in Pittwater
- and this week witnessed wonderful community stalwarts from Narrabeen to Palm Beach, as well as our local MP for ... wait for it... Pittwater!, getting together to figure out how they can help everyone who has lost all their Christmas and Summer trading or work in any other capacity to get back on their feet and survive - nay, thrive in 2021 E.G.: https://www.facebook.com/BuyOnTheBeaches/ - and more announcements to come it would seem - Shop Local!
- a wonderful community spirit comprised of loving individuals giving a damn about each other throughout the December 19 2020 to January 9 2021 lockdown of Pittwater (Principality of) and deftly and kindly steering each other clear of any silliness, anger, arrogance or ignorance
COVID leasing regulations extended to March 28th
NSW SES Warringah / Pittwater Unit's New Boat
Australian Builders Plate Standard – Edition 5 now available
Vandalism of Narrabeen Clubhouse and Temporary Covid Testing Facility Rat Park
Update: abandoned trolleys around Warriewood, Narrabeen and Mona Vale
Australia Day in Pittwater
Veterans Centre at DY ReopensThe Veterans Centre Sydney Northern Beaches team are back on site. Thank you for your patience and cooperation whilst their services were moved online. For assistance or to organise an appointment, please call 0409 154 074 or email email@example.com
Avalon Boomerang Bags 2021
2021 Sponsorship Opportunities: Narrabeen Sharks
$45 Million Boost For Smart Places In NSW: EOI Sought
Pets of the Week
AGE/SEX: 2 years / F
BREED: English Staffy X
Bindi is an energetic affectionate girl. She mostly walks nicely on loose lead, ignoring cars lunges playfully at passing dogs. She likes to jog/run. She enjoys pats, cuddles and belly rubs. She is good with children 12+yo as she can jump up when excited to say hello. Our trainer says "Sweet dog who has a lot of enthusiasm that she works to contain". She sits on command. Walkers say "Friendly, energetic, happy dog. Walked nicely on loose lead gently pulling on occasion. Ignored most dogs but did react occasionally. Gets a little mouthy when playing." She has a smooth coat and weighs 20kg. She comes desexed, C5 vaccinated, heartworm free and microchipped. Also included for the love and health of our dogs is a free Health and Wellness Voucher with our DR Vet. Her adoption cost is $450.
Athena is a sweet girl who loves to play but also happy to relax at home alone. She is about 3 years old. She came from the pound with allergy issues which are being managed with medication and special diet. She has been used to living in a busy vet clinic around other cats and dogs but is best suited to a calm household where she can unwind and relax. She has a short coat and weighs a tiny 2.9kg. She comes desexed, wormed, F3 vaccinated, FIV/FeLV tested and microchipped. Her adoption fee is $220.
If you are interested in meeting her, call DoggieRescue on 9486 3133 or email cats@DoggieRescue.com
Scheduled roadworks - Utility works: Avalon Beach
Grants to fund innovative re-use and recycling projects
Newport Community Garden
Domestic Violence support
Where to get help - March 2020.pdf
Size : 465.979 Kb
Type : pdf
Speed humps on McCarrs Creek Rd: please share Wildlife Data
- The position via GPS or road and suburb
- The date
- The animal