June 16 - 22, 2019: Issue 409
Articles This Week
Seeds For Soibada (Drop off points for sealed packets to grow food + Info Evening this week) by Tamara Sloper-Harding OAM
Queens Birthday Honours List June 2019: Recipients in our area range from environment champions, children's book authors, Educators, life saving champions, industry champions and even a Consul-General
Mona Vale Hospital Inpatient Palliative Care Unit Build Underway from Jo-Ann Steeves, President, Friends of Northern Beaches Palliative Care + other FONBPC News
Artists of the Month: June 2019: THE FABRIC OF LIFE - Group Exhibition
A group exhibition of makers and creatives who express themselves artistically through tapestry, weaving, basketry, beading, sewing, embroidery, felting, knitting and constructing new forms from natural materials. Showcasing the work of: Soraya Abidin, Debra Beale, Gill Brooks, Suzanne Davey, Rachel Hine, Caitlin Johnston, Niki McDonald, Julie Nicholson, Emma Peters, Nicole Robins, Tracey Trinder, Kylie Walsh, Becky Williams. With a selection of work from Ni-van traditional weavers, Regina Lulu and Leimok Peters from Vanuatu.
Pittwater Offshore Newsletter Update June 14, 2019
click on Logo:
To contact Julian: email@example.com
Zonta NB Birth Kit Packing day 2019
Station Beach off-leash dog trial REF on public exhibition
Congratulations Josh Gessner!
e-Safety Commissioner talk at newport
Johnson Bros Trade Day 2019
Scotland Island Rural Fire Brigade Winter Training
NSW Budget: $19 Million to enhance green space
Wedgetailed Eagle In Cannes Reserve
I thought you might be interested to hear that on Monday morning (June 10, 2019 about 8am) I saw an Eagle swooping through Cannes reserve with a flying fox in it's talons. It was quite low (about level with our backyard) and the FF managed to get free when the eagle landed on a branch. By the time I got my camera the eagle had flown to a higher perch but I managed to get a photograph before it flew off toward the North.
Report and photo by Larry Paice
Avalon PS Garden Working Bee
Jason Falinski MP to Co-Chair Surf Life Saving Parliamentary Friendship Group
Jason Falinski Appointed to Chair Parliamentary Tax Committee
Opal Park&Ride Arrives at Manly Vale
Pets of the Week
- In NSW, close to 40% of assaults and 60% of street offences are alcohol related
- half of young offenders were drunk at the time of their last offence
- Approximately five young Australians die every week and another 200 are hospitalised due to alcohol-related injury or disease
- Alcohol consumption can affect a young person's brain development
- Drinking alcohol is a factor in the three leading causes of death among young people.
Pittwater Community Groups:
The purpose of www.westpittwater.com.au - is best defined by the vision of the West Pittwater Community Association.
To be a supportive community, encouraging and promoting civic pride, interest in community affairs and goodwill amongst residents.
To protect local fauna and flora and generally preserve West Pittwater and its environs.
To secure essential facilities including public wharves and reserves and to protect private and public property.
To speak with one voice and represent the interests of the Western Foreshore community when in discussion with Pittwater Council and other relevant government bodies. The WPCA website provides a forum for the better realisation of these objectives. Visit: www.westpittwater.com.au
Council warn against dumping illegal material
Please Report to Police all Thefts, Malicious damage
Mona Vale Dunes Bushcare
Vale Ken 'Davo' Davidson
Soibada - Background And Update At Upper Northern Beaches Rotary
Guns Out for Tombsy Gala Benefit Dinner
Forest Ambassadors: Eramboo Artist Residency Award Exhibition
Your invitation to a special night
Avalon Boomerang Bags Celebrating 3 years since launch day this June
- Avalon Village Meats
- Herforts Chemist Avalon
- Chambers Cellars Avalon
- Andrew Blake Real Estate
- Johnson Brothers Mitre 10 Avalon
- Elvina Ave Supermarket
- North Avalon - Porters Liquor
- Bilgola-Organics Avenue/Four Square
- Clareville Cellars
Local Author releases Fantastic new book
Mona Vale Hospital Auxiliary Stalls 2019
Applications Open for Youth Led Projects
Swan Breeding Season on Narrabeen Lagoon
Nominations open for the Premier’s Volunteer Recognition Program
Entries Open For The Northern Beaches Art Prize
Northern Beaches Art Prize - Categories
- Two-dimensional original paintings or drawings in any medium; printmaking and collage. Excludes sculpture and digitally produced works.
- Open to artists 19 years and over.
- Freestanding plinth based, non-site-specific, three-dimensional objects. Should not exceed 40cm in any dimension.
- Open to artists aged 19 years and over.
- Original works of art: sculpture, clothing, collage and jewellery. Artworks must be made from reused or recycled materials.
- Open to artists aged 10 years and over.
- Two-dimensional original paintings or drawings in any medium; printmaking and collage. Excludes sculpture and digitally produced works
- Open to artists in two categories - 10 to 14 years and 15 to 18 years.
- Adult - First entry $35
- Adult - Subsequent entries $25
- Concession - $15 (valid student/senior concession card holders must be submitted with entry)
Gone Fishing Gallery at Waterfront Store Church Point
Open again TODAY in the top room Waterfront Store. Open mainly weekends as an addition to the waterfront cafe. Keep up to date on their Facebook page
New Season for Sailability Pittwater
Sailability Pittwater is a volunteer organisation which provides sailing for people with a disability.
Our main recreational sailing activities are at Rowland Reserve, Bayview, and we run competitive sailing for people with a disability out of RPAYC Newport. We are currently looking for new volunteers for our Saturday morning program at Rowland Reserve and Tuesdays at RPA. For more information at www.sailability.org/au/pittwater or call John on 9982 5656