April 23 - 29, 2017: Issue 309
Pittwater Online News receives and finds a lot of information from various sources each week. This page shares some of this news relevant to you and the world you live in.
Search Pittwater Online News for past items:
Best way to diagnose head injuries in children and minimize CT scans
- The Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN, USA)
- The Canadian Assessment of Tomography for Childhood Head Injury (CATCH) rule
- The Children's Head Injury Algorithm for the Prediction of Important Clinical Events (CHALICE, UK).
Domestic violence leading cause of hospitalised assault among girls and women
Roundtables on future for palliative care
- More than 7,000 support packages as part of our Last Days of Life Home Support Service to help people who want to die at home
- Some 23 palliative care initiatives across 18 Local Health Districts and specialty health networks as part of a $12 million Flexible Funding Pool
- Palliative care after-hours helpline (1800 548 225) with Healthdirect Australia
- 200 paediatric “pop-up” interventions
- Pledged $2 million for Big Bear Cottage, a new service for young adults.
Drug created from malaria parasite shows promise as bladder cancer treatment
Disclaimer: These articles are not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Pittwater Online News or its staff.