June 18 - 24, 2017: Issue 317
Pittwater Online News receives and finds a lot of information from various sources each week. This page shares some of this news relevant to you and the world you live in.
Search Pittwater Online News for past items:
NSW Budget: record $100m palliative care funding
- palliative care training for 300 nurses and allied health staff ($900,000)
- 300 scholarships for rural and regional staff to enhance palliative care skills ($300,000)
- an additional six palliative care specialists in rural and regional areas ($2.4 million)
- two specialist positions to provide relief to other specialists in rural and regional areas ($795,000)
- an additional 30 palliative care nurses providing care in hospitals, homes and nursing homes ($5 million)
- community-based palliative care services in Western Sydney, including a 24 hour, seven day a week on-call specialist palliative care service at home ($6.9 million)
- the development of comprehensive and integrated palliative care services, in line with community expectations and need ($1 million in 2017- 18 as part of a $22 million investment over four years)
- community pharmacy initiatives to improve medication management for palliative care patients ($200,000).
Providing $400,000 life-saving drug to Australian kids with rare disease
Muscle growth finding may assist with cancer treatment
Bacteria from cystic fibrosis patient could help thwart antibiotic-resistant TB
Gluten-free beer from Witkop teff grains
Disclaimer: These articles are not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Pittwater Online News or its staff.