Mona Vale Road (East) Upgrade: Fauna Bridge Supports Installed
On Friday morning, at 4am in the freezing cold, the supports for the new Fauna Bridge overpass were installed.
This is the first dedicated wildlife overpass in Greater Sydney.
Contractors, the Georgiou Group, advised they had scheduled the fauna bridge overpass supports installation and partial and full closure of Mona Vale Road between Manor Road and Ponderosa Parade on Thursday 17 August and Friday 18 August, weather permitting.
- safely install the fauna bridge supports
- minimise traffic disruptions
- reduce safety risks to workers and motorists.
Photo: David Palmer, Jacqui Marlow and Marita Macrae celebrate the June 2019 announcement of a fauna bridge to be built over Mona Vale Rd East.
Photo: August 19 2023 - Jacqui Marlow, David Palmer and Marita Macrae celebrate the installation of the MVR East Upgrade fauna bridge supports.
The Wildlife Roadkill Prevention Association aims to reduce the roadkill of native animals on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, Australia. In 2005, the association was formed to address wildlife roadkill and raise awareness of broader conservation issues for our area.
The Pittwater Natural Heritage Association was formed to act to protect and preserve the Pittwater areas major and most valuable asset - its natural heritage.
Pittwater Natural Heritage Association seeks to raise awareness and provide information and advice to members on issues such as:
Native Tree Canopy
Identification of trees local to your particular area. What to plant to replace dead or dying trees, and how to care for trees. The characteristic form of the native tree canopy is a major contributor to Pittwater's sense of place.
"Bush Friendly" Gardens
Selecting plants for your garden that will live in harmony with nearby bushland and provide habitat for native animals and birds.
Building and Landscaping
Promoting practices which preserve and protect the visual qualities of the landform, preserve soil stability and prevent erosion of steep slopes and siltation of waterways.
Information on noxious and environmental weeds, weed identification and methods of control and eradication.
Living with Wildlife
Maintaining habitat and wildlife corridors for our rich and diverse native fauna. Understanding the impacts of introduced birds and animals and uncontrolled domestic pets.
Keeping our Waterways Healthy
Using and enjoying our waterways and estuaries whilst maintaining appropriate water quality and habitat for aquatic creatures. Caring for the streams, wetlands, saltmarsh and mangrove systems that are an integral part of our waterways.
Rock Platforms, Beaches and Dunes
Protecting and preserving the plant and animal communities on rock platforms. Restoration and regeneration of dune systems and maintenance of their stability.
Find out more and become a member at: https://pnha.org.au
Above and below: how the fauna overpass looked on Saturday morning. Photos by Jacqui Marlow.
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade Update: July 2023 Pictures
- Clay Stormwater Still Polluting Bayview Golf Course, Pittwater Estuary: Bayview GC's 3 Year Battle To Save The Environment and Waterways 'Like Banging Your Head Against A Brick Wall' - May 2023
- Mural Proposed For Mona Vale Road Sound Barrier: Celebration Of Our Area Better Than Graffitied Long Grey Wall Locals State - May 2023
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade Update: April 2023 Pictures Vs. December 2022 Photos
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: October 2022 Pictorial Update
- NSW Government's Budget 2022-2023: Funds Allocated Towards Local Roads, Schools, Mental Health Support Services - Record 400 Million Dollar Budget Boost For Pittwater - June 2022
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: April 2022 Pictorial Update + Construction Update: published March 2022
- Mona Vale Road Upgrade: December 2021 Update
- Mona Vale Road Upgrade: October 2021 Pictorial Update
- Sediment Flowing Into Warriewood Creek System Reported To EPA - July 2021
- Mona Vale Road Upgrade: February 2021 Pictorial Update
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade Project: Construction Update – September 2020
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: July 2020 Pictorial Update
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: Proposed Extended Weekend Work + Road Closure For Large Boulder Removal Works - Georgiou Group is talking to the community about closing Mona Vale Road to all traffic from Manor Road to the Mona Vale Road, Ponderosa Parade and Samuel Street intersection from 7pm Friday 24 July to 5am Monday 27 July 2020, weather permitting. If there is wet weather, the closure will occur on the following weekend from 7pm Friday 31 July to 5am 3 August 2020.
- Mona Vale Road Upgrade: The Machines Helping Build The Road – For Younger Readers: This is a story about the road-building machines we included in last Issues’ Pictorial. Some of our younger Readers have asked us ‘but what’s that one and what is it used for?’ so it seems best to put it all in a page for you. We didn’t get ALL the machines being used – but here’s some insights into those we did, and a bit more, for those who want to know more - June 2020
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: May 2020 Pictures Record
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: Mid to Late February Notice and Pictorial Record of Works and Changes - February 2020
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: January 2020 Update and Photographic Record Of Works
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade Update - To December 2019: Our last day of work for 2019 will be Friday 20 December and we will return to work on Monday 6 January 2020
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade Calls In Sydney Wildlife Volunteer To Relocate Lapwing Plovers Nest: Eggs Hatch! - October to November 2019
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: October 2019 Update In Pictures
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: September 2019 Update - and Pictorial Record Of Works - September 2019
- Mona Vale Road Upgrade Update: Fauna Fencing To Be Installed During Construction + June Night Works - June 2019
- Mona Vale Road Truck Arrestor Bed Miscalculation? - report by Phil Walker and John Illingsworth/Pittwater Pathways - June 2019
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: Some Progress Photos - May 2019 Record
- Mona Vale Road Upgrade - Changed Traffic Conditions Reminder - from Office of Rob Stokes, MP for Pittwater - March 2019
- Upgrade Of Mona Vale Road East To Commence This Month - an overview of what to expect - January 2019
- Contract Awarded For Mona Vale Road Upgrade - from Office of the Hon. Rob Stokes, MP for Pittwater - November 2018
- Roads To Pittwater: The Mona Vale Road (History page) - September 2018
- Plans Accelerate For Mona Vale Road East Upgrade - June 2018
- Plans Accelerate For Mona Vale Road East Upgrade - from Office of The Hon. Rob Stokes, MP for Pittwater - March 2018
- Sydney's First Fauna Overpass To Be Installed On Mona Vale Road + RMS March 2018 Mona Vale Road update
- Mona Vale Road East Upgrade: Proposed Lease Of Land To Roads And Maritime Services (RMS) - Council Invites You to Have Your Say - November 2017
- Reducing Roadkill On Mona Vale Road by David Palmer, Pittwater Natural Heritage Association - September 2017
- Front Page Issue 330: Jumping For Joy: Fauna Crossing For Mona Vale Road Confirmed - September 2017
- Funding Secured To Commence Mona Vale Road Upgrade - June 2017
- NSW Government Funding To Commence $90M Upgrade Of Mona Vale Road East - June 2016
- Bill To Facilitate Mona Vale Road Upgrades Passes: Vital Fauna Bridge Discussed - Stage 3, Mona Vale Road Upgrade- West, one step closer - June 2016
- Angus's Onion Orchid at Ingleside?? by David Palmer, PNHA - October 2015
- Community Feedback Sought On Mona Vale Road Upgrade - November 2014
- Once Was Barrenjoey - Can Community Reduce Fauna Road Deaths - Community Consultation on stage 2 (between Mona Vale and Ingleside) for Mona Vale Road upgrades is expected to begin later this year and will also include fauna connectivity options: if you too are distressed by the growing numbers of wallabies, possums and bandicoot road deaths, supporting a few other locals may help - August 2014
- Upgrades To Start on Mona Vale Road - June 2014
- Delivering Infrastructure - Upgrading Mona Vale Road - March 2014