B-Line Two Weeks On: Feedback Being Monitored - Newport Residents Update
' My first experience of the B line today. Quite disastrous. Lift to Mona Vale from Avalon and the first two B line buses failed to arrive. The third one didn’t stop to pick us up. Were we all at the wrong stop? Must have been 15 of us at least. Coming home from Wynyard three buses failed to arrive. Reaching Mona Vale I called a friend for a lift. '
- Personalise customer interactions: moving to customised, integrated service systems, smart digital mobility platforms, and frictionless access and payments
- Transform the mass transit network: incorporating automation to improve safety, service frequency and travel times and attract customers from private car use
- Foster shared, demand-responsive services: enabling flexible, shared use service models
- Enable connected and automated vehicles: supporting vehicles and enabling infrastructure that improves mobility services, efficiency, reliability and safety
- Create intelligent transport networks, managed with data: installing technologies and building networks that actively gather data, using Artificial Intelligence and real time analytics to optimise capacity and planning.
Northern Beaches People
I NEED YOUR STORIES PLEASE!
Mona Vale Residents Association: September 22 , 2015 - Community News, October 2015
Investigative Drilling is currently being undertaken in Beeby Park Mona Vale and Village Park Mona Vale by Transport NSW. They are looking at potential sites to build the bus rapid transit interchange. A number of sights are being looked at around the MV CBD.
MVRA contacted Transport NSW this week and found out there are 5-6 sites under investigation around Mona Vale.
The state owned Bus depot in Darley Street is also being looked at as a potential transport hub. This is a site that the Mona Vale Residents Association think should be seriously considered as it will not have an impact on green open space and will be far better for traffic movements.
We are now seeking a meeting regarding this matter with Transport NSW. It is disappointing that communication with the community had completely been ignored.
Pictures courtesy Mark Horton