July 11 - 17, 2021: Issue 501
Here is an abridged version of some photos taken on a recent walk, pre stay-at-home orders, with friends Joe, Kevin, Glenys, Dennis and Helen enjoying a hike over the Spit to Manly Harbour Walk - an 8.9 kilometre jaunt.
''We were expecting a weather bureau predicted washout, which turned out to be a perfect day. It's a lovely walk on the edge of urban development, harbour foreshore and national park. Always recommended.'' Joe said
We hope Pittwater Online News' continued focus on taking you on outdoor walks while indoors brings an eyeful of pure nature and natural relief.
For those who like to do a comparison between the old and the current there are some insights in:
- Roads To Pittwater: The Sandspit Punt and Spit Bridge
- The Riddles Of The Spit and Church Point: Sailors, Rowers, Builders
- Round Sydney - BY Motor Car - A Trip To Newport: 1904 Sydney Mail Article
- The Bus To Palm Beach: Some History
- Tram Memorabilia - Historic Daylight Run For Sydney Light Rail Begins 80 Years After Last Tram To Narrabeen Closed
- The Macphersons Of Wharriewood: The William Joseph Macpherson Albums
Thank you to Kevin and Joe, for again sharing these breaths of fresh air.