new years eve fireworks 2021: details for bayview, manly, dee why, frenchs forest
Fireworks at Bayview in 2013. The fireworks in the background on horizon are on Sydney Harbour. Photos: Michael Mannington
Bayview - 9pm & midnight
- Having opened containers of alcohol at Rowland Reserve is banned between 6am Friday 31 December to 6am Saturday 1 January
- Having opened containers of alcohol at Winnererremy Bay, Mona Vale is banned between 8pm to 8am (daily).
Bayview fireworks map
Dee Why - 9pm
- The Strand between Oaks Avenue and Dee Why Parade (please note this section of The Strand is currently one way northbound)
- Howard Avenue between Clyde Road and The Strand
- Having opened containers of alcohol at Ted Jackson Reserve is banned between 8pm to 8am (daily).
Manly - 9pm
The Manly Cove fireworks are presented by local businesses with support from Council. There will be 9pm fireworks at Manly Cove, East and West Esplanade Reserves.
Road closures will be in place on Friday 31 December from 5 - 10.30pm at:
- West and East Esplanade from Commonwealth Parade to Ashburner Street
- Belgrave Street from Sydney Road to West Esplanade
- West Promenade from Sydney Road to Gilbert Street
- Victoria Parade from Darley Road to East Esplanade
- Wentworth Street from Darley Road to East Esplanade
- Eustace Street from Gilbert Street to West Esplanade
- Gilbert Street from West Promenade to Belgrave Street
Manly fireworks map
Residents can access Wentworth Street and Victoria Parade via Darley Road.
Residents can access Upper Gilbert Street via Camera Street. For real-time traffic conditions visit livetraffic.com.
Special event clearways will be in place on Friday 31 December at:
- Both sides of West Esplanade and East Esplanade from Commonwealth Parade to Ashburner Street (from 1 - 10pm)
- Both sides of Belgrave Street between Gilbert Street and Raglan Street (from 3 - 10pm)
- Both sides of West Promenade (from 3 - 10pm)
- Corner of Raglan Street and Pittwater Road - western side (from 3 -10pm)
Vehicles left in a signposted clearway will be towed and fees will apply. If your car has been towed, please call the NSW Government Traffic Information Line on 132 701 to find its location.
Alcohol prohibited areas:
- Having opened containers of alcohol at West Esplanade Reserve is banned (24 hrs)
- Having opened containers of alcohol at East Esplanade Reserve is banned between 8pm to 8am (daily)
Frenchs Forest - 9pm
The Council presents the 9pm New Year's Eve family fireworks at Lionel Watts Reserve and Frenchs Forest Showground. Families can enjoy the fireworks from Lionel Watts Reserve.
To ensure compliance with fireworks exclusion zone requirements, there will be restricted access to Frenchs Forest Showground on Friday 31 December. The Frenchs Forest Showground will be closed at the following times:
- Partial closure in centre of the Showground from 2 - 8pm
- Full closure of the Showground for the fireworks display from 8pm
The Showground will be cleaned overnight and reopened to the public by 6am, Saturday 1 January.
Alcohol prohibited area:
- Having opened containers of alcohol at Lionel Watts Reserve is banned between 8pm to 8am (daily). Please note, no glass can be brought onto Lionel Watts Reserve.
Frenchs Forest fireworks map
Fireworks at Bayview in 2013. Photos: Michael Mannington