Johnson Brothers hardware Mona Vale launches e-waste Recycle Program
Johnson Brothers have become a FREE e-waste recycling collection point at our Mona Vale store.
The bins for disposal are at the start of the parking for our Trade customers, but it’s free for all to use (during business hours).
From December 4th 2023, you can drop off any unwanted electrical items at Johnson Bros Mitre 10 Mona Vale for recycling by our e-waste management partner, Sircel
E-waste is anything with an electrical plug or battery. This includes electric power tools, household appliances, computers and mobile phones.
We cannot accept gas, petrol or diesel appliances.
When you bring your stockpile of old power tools, tablets and TVs to our e-waste collection bins, what happens then?
Our recycling partner, Sircel, collects the waste each week and transports it to a facility in Western Sydney. There, Sircel deploys their world-leading and proprietary refining solution to:
- Triage all electronics that may have a future useful life, such as TVs and computers
- Securely data-erase all electronics to remove all information in preparation for reuse
- For products with no viable future use, Sircel safely removes any batteries and sends them downstream to a dedicated, authorised battery recycling partner
- All e-waste is then mechanically destroyed
- Individual commodities are recovered and returned to the circular economy for re-use as regenerated resources.
Give your old power tools, household appliances and computers a new life in the circular economy.
Plastic tool casings could become bench seats, copper cabling could become a new copper pipe, and the gold, silver and palladium in your old phone could be transformed into fuel cells in your car.
Together, we can make finite resources infinite.
Johnson Brothers Family