Funding Boost For Pittwater Community Projects + Extra Funds for avalon beach netball courts
Funding Boost For Pittwater Community Projects
November 29, 2018
Member for Pittwater Rob Stokes today announced $330,000 for community infrastructure and capital equipment projects in Pittwater.
The funding is part of the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnership Program and will directly support 16 local initiatives that will deliver wide-reaching community benefits.
Community organisations to receive funding under the 2018 program include:
- $50,000 allocated to Avalon Beach Surf Life Saving Club to complete the fit out of its new training and function space
- $40,000 allocated to Mona Vale Golf Club to support a car park extension
- $33,000 allocated to Palm Beach Surf Life Saving Club for a kitchen upgrade
- $28,000 allocated to Marine Rescue Broken Bay at Bayview for new outboard motors
- $25,000 allocated to Whale Beach Surf Life Saving Club for a boat shed refurbishment
- $22,795 allocated to St Faith’s Church at Narrabeen for a playground upgrade
- $22,000 allocated to Elanora Heights Community Preschool for upgraded facilities
- $21,470 allocated to Newport Anglican Church for new solar panels and playground works
- $20,000 allocated to Avalon Beach Bowling & Rec. Club for a kitchen upgrade
- $20,000 allocated to Careel Bay Tennis Club for a children’s playground upgrade
- $12,454 allocated to Northern Beaches Council to assist with new netball courts at Avalon Beach
- $10,000 allocated to Elanora Heights Public School P&C for sporting infrastructure
- $10,000 allocated to Mona Vale Scouts for a kitchen upgrade
- $6,246 allocated to Pittwater RSL Football Club for a change room upgrade
- $5,000 allocated to Northern Beaches Woodturners for air filtration equipment
- $4,023 allocated to Sunnyfield Disability Services for a property upgrade at Terrey Hills
“This funding will directly support local residents, community groups and sporting organisations,” Rob Stokes said today.
“Many of these projects have been identified for years – but they just need a financial boost to help get started.
“This year’s projects range from kitchen upgrades to car park extensions.
“The funding allocated to Avalon Beach Surf Club is particularly important to help complete the fit out of its brilliant new clubhouse.
“Congratulations to everyone involved in designing and planning these community projects,” Rob Stokes said.
Extra Funds for Avalon Beach Netball Courts
November 29, 2018
Member for Pittwater Rob Stokes today announced additional NSW Government funding for the installation of permanent netball courts at Avalon Beach.
An extra $262,454 is being provided to Northern Beaches Council to introduce permanent, sealed netball courts to help cater for the growth and popularity of the sport.
The additional funding comes from the NSW Government’s Stronger Communities Fund and Community Building Partnership Program and brings the NSW Government’s total contribution to $562,454.
“This project will benefit the entire northern beaches netball community,” Rob Stokes said today.
“There’s long been a need for additional netball courts in Pittwater.
“I’m pleased Northern Beaches Council is progressing this project and I’m delighted the NSW Government is able to provide financial support,” Rob Stokes said.