FINALISTS NAMED IN THE 2020 SURF LIFE SAVING NSW AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
A strong field of 179 finalists has been named in the 2020 Surf Life Saving NSW Awards of Excellence.
On Saturday 29 August 2020, hundreds of Surf Life Saving NSW club members will celebrate our high achievers at the first ever virtual Awards of Excellence.
The annual awards recognise the outstanding achievements and contributions made in all aspects of Surf Life Saving. They celebrate the accomplishments of members, clubs and branches during the 2019/20 season.
For the first time, the awards will be held online - due to the current COVID-19 restrictions. Viewers will be able to watch the event live via the SLSNSW Facebook page and YouTube channel from 6.30pm, Saturday 29 August.
There will be 24 awards presented during the event in the following categories:
- Surf Lifesaver of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Branch of the Year
- President’s Medal
- Patrol Captain of the Year
- Patrol of the Year
- Youth Surf Lifesaver of the Year
- Lifeguard of the Year
- Rescue of the Year
Surf Sports Awards
- Official of the Year
- Masters Athlete of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Youth Athlete of the Year
- Surf Sports Team of the Year
- Athlete of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Services Team of the Year
- Youth Volunteer of the Year
- Innovation Award
- Trainer of the Year
- Assessor of the Year
- Facilitator of the Year
- Community Education Program of the Year
Surf Life Saving NSW President George Shales congratulated all the finalists in the 2020 Awards of Excellence.
“The Surf Life Saving NSW Awards of Excellence celebrates and recognises the incredible people in our organisation and the positive impact they have on their clubs, members and their local communities,” said George Shales OAM.
Surf Life Saving NSW Membership Manager Claire Bevis said that, “The awards are a wonderful opportunity for us to acknowledge the achievements of our members at a state-level in front of the wider lifesaving community. We are excited to take the awards online this year and present the first ever ‘Virtual Awards of Excellence’ where everyone can attend – regardless of their location.”
The awards are traditionally a highlight on the social calendar and Surf Life Saving NSW encourages everyone to participate in the online event and support the awards. It promises to be a fantastic night with hosts Harold Marshall (Umina SLSC) and Georgie Rowe (Collaroy SLSC).
For further information about the awards, please visit the official event page.
Download the full list of the 2020 SLSNSW Awards of Excellence finalists HERE.
Surf Life Saving Sydney Northern Beaches Finalists:
- Surf Lifesaver of the Year - James Crittenden, Freshwater SLSC
- Youth Surf Lifesaver of the Year - Tyson Dulieu, Bungan Beach SLSC
- Volunteer of the Year - Cameron Powell, Warriewood SLSC
- Youth Volunteer of the Year - Trae Hare-Boyd, North Steyne SLSC
- Patrol Captain of the Year - Doug Lucas, Palm Beach SLSC
- Patrol of the Year - Newport Bronze Patrol, Newport SLSC
- Administrator of the Year - Wayne Freakley, Freshwater SLSC
- Services Team of the Year - Avalon Beach Emergency Call Out Team, Avalon Beach SLSC
- Athlete of the Year - Kendrick Louis, Manly LSC
- Youth Athlete of the Year - Jake Morris, Newport SLSC
- Masters Athlete of the Year - Kris Monnock, Mona Vale SLSC
- Surf Sports Team of the Year - U15 Male Water Team, Newport SLSC
- Coach of the Year - Michael Clues, North Curl Curl SLSC
- Official of the Year - Mark MacKenzie, Dee Why SLSC
- Trainer of the Year - Andrew Hjorth, Mona Vale SLSC
- Assessor of the Year - Joe Mastrangelo, North Steyne SLSC
- Facilitator of the Year - Clare Hagon, North Curl Curl SLSC
- Community Education Program of the Year - The Gaza Surf Life Saving Project, North Steyne SLSC
- Innovation Award - Soldier On, Newport SLSC
- Lifeguard of the Year - Darcy Marr, Northern Beaches Council
- Rescue of the Year - October ‘19, Mona Vale SLSC and Palm Beach SLSC
Club of the Year Finalists:
- South West Rocks SLSC, Mid North Coast
- Umina SLSC, Central Coast
- Garie SLSC, Sydney
- Bulli SLSC, Illawarra
- Shellharbour SLSC, South Coast
Branch of the Year Finalists:
- Central Coast